Each campaign targets a specific sector stakeholder to which it is tailored. The campaigns are very simple and mainly focus on communication events during which experts present results from demonstration projects/experiences and some technical information material is described. Hereafter the list of the campaigns and a brief description.
- Water and rules. Local Authorities and urban planners: what solutions can be applied (rainwater harvesting and reuse, separation and reuse of greywater, urban runoff sustainable management) and how to promote them through urban planning and building regulations.
- Water and money. Water Authorities: water tariffs and other economic tools to discourage excessive use of drinking water and to promote innovative solutions; how to ensure social equality and not to penalize large households, assuring, in the meantime, financial sustainability of water services.
- Water and citizens. Public Administrations, Utilities and NGOs: conception of effective information campaigns in order to encourage consumers to adopt more responsible behaviors towards water consumption and to use technologies that improve water and energy efficiency (low consumption sanitation devices and home appliances).
- Water and energy. Water and wastewater management utilities: innovative solutions to reduce water losses and improve the energy efficiency of water services.
- Water and innovation. Industry and plumbing service enterprises: disseminate knowledge and technologies for sustainable water management towards domestic plumbers.
This project activity has been finished on June 2012.