- If you want to know more about the problems related to water policies, Giuseppe Altamore’s (journalist specialized on the subject of water policies) website or books are a reference
- About the everlasting question on the role private corporations could play in water management, you can find information on line about the movement against water privatization (ie see www.acquabenecomune.org); if you are interested in a more critical point of view, have a look on Massarutto’s article Torbide, tiepide e amare acque published in 2002 but still up-to-date, or his more recent article "Un modello che fa acqua dell’aprile 2009" (both in Italian only), as well as his article in English “Liberalization and private sector involvement in the water industry: a review of the economic literature”
- You may find interesting Gilberto Muraro’s article about the role of public investments as a policy to relaunch the development of the water sector.
- For a complete analysis on water management, see the research report produced by Bocconi University: La regolazione economica dei servizi idrici. (Economic Regulation of water services, in Italian only).
- You can find an interesting experience on water tariffs to encourage a rational use on ATO 5 di Bologna’s website.
- A recent research project (www.besse-project.info/besse) led by Maastricht University (NL) aims at studying the factors that prevent or facilitate the information/knowledge dissemination about new sanitation technologies and their implementation. BESSE first based on the observation that despite the availability of new knowledge and technologies, the approaches of sanitation in Europe are still connected to old technologies and old management systems which are unable to bring adequate solutions to problems caused by the adoption of sustainable development policies.
- WIZ (www.wiz-life.eu) is the innovative demonstration project that paves the way for including future drinking water availability in today's spatial (and life) planning. It is a vast environmental project, partially funded by the European LIFE+ Programme, to be carried out mainly in Tuscany by Acque Spa, Ingegnerie Toscane Srl and the Autorità di Bacino del Fiume Arno (Fundación Instituto Tecnológico de Galicia will also carried out by WIZ in Spain).
The project will last three years (2010-2013).